Almadev Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (collectively “Almadev” or “we” or “our”) respect your right to privacy. We recognize the importance of protecting the personal information you provide to us during your visit to our website and are committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of the personal information that we collect.
For the purposes of this statement, “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, including but not limited to contact information, such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, demographic or household information and credit and financial information.
How We Use The Personal Information
We only collect personal information that is directly related to our business activities. By entering personal information onto our website, you are thereby consenting to the processing of your personal information for our business purposes with respect to your prospective home purchase, market research, project/development planning or for the reasons more particularly described in our purchase agreements. The amount and the type of the information collected will be limited to that which is needed to fulfil the identified purpose(s).
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to requests for information;
- To provide you with customer service;
- To conduct, process and complete transactions with you;
- To make available, promote and offer services, products and/or special offers;
- To improve and customise the content and/or layout of our website for individual visitors; and
- To enable us to better serve you.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We have taken appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information collected and stored in our databases. Although appropriate security measures have been put in place to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or loss of personal information, you should be aware that any information transmitted over the internet may be intercepted by third parties. We do not assume any liability for interception, misuse or alteration of any information transmitted over the internet.
Except as may be required by law, internal compliance guidelines or stored as part of routine information technology back up, we will endeavour to retain personal information only for so long as it is necessary fulfill the purpose for which the personal information was collected.
Who Sees Your Personal Information
Access to your personal information will be restricted to only those persons who need the information in order to carry out our business activities. We do not disclose your personal information without your consent other than where specific reference is made when you provide such personal information, or where disclosing that personal information to third parties is directly related to our business activities or necessary in order to provide you with information, products or services. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required to do so by law.
With respect to our business activities your personal information may be provided to the following third parties:
- Any companies or legal entities that are associated with, related to, or affiliated with our current projects/developments or any other future projects/developments, including but not limited to our legal advisors, accountants and/or auditors;
- To the real estate agent and/or broker who introduced you to a specific project/development and/or to us;
- To data processing companies which handle or process marketing campaigns on our behalf;
- A lender or warranty bond provider providing services to us or you for a project/development;
- An insurance company providing coverage to us or to you;
- Any trades, sub-trades, suppliers, contractors or other cable television, telephone, internet, security and utility service providers working on any of the projects/developments;
- Any relevant governmental authorities or agencies; or • Any other parties disclosed in agreements of purchase and sale that are signed by you.
- These third parties are only provided with such personal information as is necessary for them to perform the services for which they have been contracted and are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose.
How We Collect Personal Information
Wherever possible, personal information will be collected directly and with consent from the individual about whom it pertains; however, we may on occasion collect personal information from third parties.
For each visitor to our website, our server may recognize the visitor’s domain name and e-mail address (where applicable). We collect the visitors’ domain name, aggregate information on what webpages visitors’ access, information voluntarily given by visitors such as personal information, survey information and/or site registrations.
We may also collect some basic information regarding the use of our website. This type of non-identifiable information can be collected automatically, that is not by registration or the completion by you of any on-line surveys, forms or questionnaires. This information could include the amount of traffic visiting the website, which webpages are visited and for how long, the type of internet browser being used, the type of computer operating system being used and the domain name of the website from which a link is made to our website, if any. This information is used only in the aggregate to help us better understand trends and patterns evolving in the marketplace which will in turn allow us to improve the quality of our website.
Right to Access to Personal Information
You can ask to see the personal information that we hold about you. If you want to review, verify or correct your personal information you should contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. Please note that any such requests must be in writing. While you have the right to access your personal information, that right is not absolute. We may refuse to provide you access to your personal information where such refusal is permitted or required by applicable law. We will endeavour to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal restrictions, access has been denied.
Consent and Unsubscribe
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time. If you have received correspondence from us and no longer wish to receive any more correspondence in the future, please let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. We will, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, ensure your name is removed from our distribution list(s).
Google Analytics and Google AdWords
We use Google Analytics, which allows us to gather and analyze information about the areas that you visit on our website that will be used to personalize our website in accordance with your interests and assumed preferences. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google.
|By Mail:||Attn: Privacy Officer (c/o Legal Department)
1700-2235 Sheppard East
All complaints will be investigated as soon as is practicable in the circumstances.